2023 Umpire Registration Information
Registration - General Info (All Levels)
All information regarding umpiring certification is available on the OBA Website at www.playoba.ca. Click on the Umpire Tab from the drop-down menu and follow along to 2023 Umpire Certification. A synopsis is included below for you.
- All certifications are managed through the ONDeck App. It is available on mobile or via a web browser.
- All Umpires must register via the ONDeck app or browser. Either update your information if you are returning or complete a new registration and select Level 1.1 if you are new.
- All umpires must complete an online and in-person components to be certified for 2023.
- All adult umpires (18 years and older) must complete volunteer screening in addition to your umpire level requirements. If you are uncertain of your risk level, please contact the UIC at email@example.com
Level 1/2 Umpires:
There are 3 options available for your camps. Camps are 4 hours long. You must register via the ONDeck App to reserve a spot in the camp. Walk ups are not permitted and registration will be limited for each level.
Saturday May 6 08:30-12:30 (Level 1 & 2)
Registration Requirements for Level 1/2:
- When registering, select a level one level higher than your 2022 certification.
- There is a KNOWN ISSUE related to registration of minors on the ONDeck App. If your child is U14, the system will tell you that you are Not Eligible. Select the last option on the age drop down menu, this will reflect an age of 99 years. It allows you to register and provides an ability for the office to notify you to correct your age once the error is fixed.
- Order of Level Advancement is: 1 --> 1.2 --> 2.1 --> 2.2 --> 2.3 --> 3
- Returning umpires should have already received an email from Baseball Ontario advising you of the level to select.
- After registration, you will receive instructions and access to the Online Learning Modules.
- After registration, you will be able to select the Umpire Camp of your choice to attend in-person.
- If you registered previously, you may return to the ONDeck App to select one of the BOMBA Camp dates.
- All Online Learning Modules need to be completed prior to attending the Umpire Camp.
- Fee for Level 1 is $25, Level 2 is $45
- All funds are paid at the camp when you attend. You must pay your fee to enter the camp.
- If you attended a camp at another location, please send an email to the UIC advising which camp you attended and your contact information so that we can update your records in Burlington.
- Any questions, please contact the UIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Umpires:
There are two clinics for Burlington. Both clinics are Saturday April 29 at The Yard (BOMBA Office). 09:00-1:00 is FULL. 1:30-5:30 has space remaining but is limited. Address is on the BOMBA Website. Please register for this date ASAP as it it continuing to fill up. Additional Locations and Times are available on the Baseball Ontario website.
Registration Requirements for Level 3:
- Register via the ONDeck App or at https://ondeck.baseballontario.com/baseball-ontario-ondeck/register
- Once your registration is completed, click on “Complete Level 3 Umpire” and you will be prompted for the payment of $55 online.
- Next, select a Level 3 Supercamp to attend. Dates are being added but likely not for much longer so register quickly please.
- Online Modules are scheduled to be live on April 1 for you to complete.
- Both online and in-person must be completed for certification in 2023.
- Anyone 18 years or older must also complete the Umpire Screening Requirements as well.
Returning from Absence
This is applicable to those returning to Umpiring who were either a Level 2 or 3 from 2019-2021. You may return to your previous level once a form is completed via the Baseball Ontario Website (www.playoba.ca).
- A $25 administrative fee is applicable umpire this section plus your 2023 Registration Fee.
- An online test is to be completed based on missed material.
- Once these steps are completed, you will be eligible to complete this year’s certification level as if you hadn’t missed any years.
Umpire Parent Meeting
BOMBA has historically held a meeting for all New Umpires and their parents. This is designed to give you a review of our online booking system called “Ramp”, introduce you to your contacts and to review responsibilities and ask questions. The meeting is not mandatory but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for anyone new or below a Level 3.
The meeting will be held:
- At 1:00pm on Saturday May 6 in the Cafeteria at M M Robinson Secondary School.
- Although attendance is not mandatory for New Umpires and Parents at Level 1/2
it is critical that they attend.
- Attendance is Recommended for Returning Level 1/2 Umpires.
Specific details will be sent to you before your clinic. The meeting will be 1 hour in length.
ON Deck App: https://ondeck.baseballontario.com/baseball-ontario-ondeck/register